Hellllllo guys, Asalamualaikum, welcome back to our blog. We love having you guys with us.
First of all thank you for reading our blog, don’t forget to click that like, share and subscribe and join in the family.
Do check out the other post as well for we did share other things with you there.
Also for today’s post we uploaded a video on our YouTube channel
As you already know and by the title of the blog itself, Amiah and Saaima brings you on a little cooking adventure.
Boom……..Disclaimer: Saaima never steps into the kitchen and she did so for you guys. Its a first so bear with it.
So you need to try it out and check the video for it’s a first.
So yeah today we are preparing Oat bars with dates . Well before starting, let’s talk about that little meal a bit.
They are perfect for breakfast, some time to time snacking and more importantly for Ramadan at sehri time.
It’s a light meal yet very consistent. Try it to know and don’t forget to let us know how you find it.
Since Ramadan is around the corner, we brought to you a well-appreciated recipe that can be alternated and eaten at Sehri time. We all have that kind of attitude sometimes, the-not-wanting-to-eat attitude or the-too-lazy-to-eat attitude. So here we are with an amazing recipe for all out there who does not want to eat or cook so early but is forced to do so since it is Sunnah.
Now let’s roll it. Welcome to our kitchen and let’s enjoy our little cooking session together.
To start you’ll need
– 3-4 cups of whole oats,
– 8-10 dates soaked in warm water and crushed.
– some Almonds roughly cut.
– 2 tablespoon of butter
– 2 teaspoon of chia seeds
– Some dried grapes
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
– Sugar to taste (brown one)
and that’s it.
Easy right? Yeah guys, believe us, it’s really easy to prepare.
- First of all, wash your dates and put them to soak in warm water for some 10-15 mins.
- Then chop and crush the dates with the back of a fork or blend it with a mixer.
- Roast the oats and almonds till it’s lightly coloured. Put it aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter then add sugar to it.
- Add the grapes to the paste and mix.
- Add the roasted oats and almonds.
- Mix well.
- Add the crushed dates and keep on mixing.
- In a baking tray/ bowl lined with baking paper, add the mixture and press firmly with your hands.
- Place into the oven for some 15 minutes.
- After taking it out from the oven, let it cool down then sprinkle chia seeds and press.
- Let it cool and cut into bars or squares as it fits you.
Can be placed into the Fridge and use daily as a breakfast bar.
Keep in an airtight container for a longer period.
Roasting the oats well will make the bar crunchy.
Find more about the recipe on our YouTube channel. We uploaded a video, a mini tutorial we can say.
Furthermore you can find us on: